Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Seasons changing...


I woke up thus morning to the very unpleasant call from a telephone sales person. Not only did he speak without pause for about 10 minutes he also tried to make me agree that i had made a verbal agreement for him to handle my pension funds. When i pointed out to him that I am not in the habit of agreeing for anything over phone, especially not after just waking up he got really rude and since he NEVER stopped talking I pretty much had to hang up the phone on him. Not the best start of the day. Adding to that I've had the second night in a row with really bad nightmares so my mood wasn't the best this morning. However walking out the door to buy breakfast cured me of my disbelief in humanity. It is a stunning autumn day outside. We've had an for sweden unusual indian summer that lasted all through september with high temperatures and still it's pretty warm outside. These photos are taken right outside our door this morning.
I finally had the opportunity to eat breakfast with M who I don't see to often nowadays since she is doing her internship right now at a center for asylum seeking children. Since we slept in till noon we decided for a more sturdy breakfast/brunch and decided for breakfast burritos. Our trips in the U.S have opened our eyes to the mexican cuisine and we're both addicted to a variety of hot sauces by now. I couldn't tell you if the food we consider mexican is representative for Mexico since the only place we've been to is Tijuana. Probably this is more an american take on the style of food deriving from the huge latin american population in states such as California and Texas.
This monster of a burrito is filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, red onions, tomato, salsa, sour cream, salad & tomatillo sauce(which is a new favorite). I finished two of these babies with a large pot of black coffee and now I feel ready to embrace fall in all it's pride as well as my task of the day which is my present course at uni, database design. So time to dig in I guess. More road trip stories will come but for now i have a date with Date!

No comments:

Post a Comment